Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Fairy Tale We SHOULD Have Learned.






This is the fairy tale that should have been read to us when we werelittle:


Once upon a time


~~~~~~~~


in a land far away,


~~~~~~~~


a beautiful, independent,self-assured princess


~~~~~~~~


happened upon a frog as she sat


contemplating ecological issues


on the shores of an unpolluted pond


in a verdant meadow near her castle.


~~~~~~~~


The frog hopped into the princess' lap


and said: " Elegant Lady,


I was once a handsome prince,


until an evil witch


cast a spell upon me


~~~~~~~~


One kiss from you,


however,and I will turn back


into the dapper, young prince that I am


~~~~~~~~


and then,


my sweet,


we can marry


~~~~~~~~


and set up housekeeping


in your castle


~~~~~~~~


with my mother,


~~~~~~~~


where you can prepare my meals,


~~~~~~~~


clean my clothes,


bear my children,


~~~~~~~~


and forever feel


grateful and happy doing so. "


~~~~~~~~


That night,


~~~~~~~~


as the princess dined sumptuously


~~~~~~~~


on lightly sauteed frog legs


~~~~~~~~


seasoned in a white wine


~~~~~~~


and onion cream sauce,


~~~~~~~~


she chuckled and thought to herself:


~~~~~~~~


I don't freakin think so




AMEN!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

David said...

Amazing
thank you!
Your wit and humor is a gift to me on this late and lazy afternoon.
Thank you
I am a fan!