Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Secret is OUT!!!!





This was THE hardest secret to keep....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here is Bennie's response: Why was he so excited? Because a wonderful family, The Peters, came to visit. From Michigan. For the weekend. To meet Bennie, Joan, Jessi, and Ben. And it was a surprise!!!!!!! Gretchen Peters contacted me via this blog several weeks back suggesting the trip for the weekend of Bennie's A Lowcountry Evening in the Upstate. I was so excited to be a part of the surprise...I jumped around the living room, yelling "Yippee" at the top of my lungs. (It's a good thing O.B. was working that day. I kept the secret for more than a week before I went back to work with Ben...then I had to tell him. His eyes got big, he smiled, and you could see his little tongue point forward to say "Si" over and over! I had to tell Gretchen that I broke down. But I thought I was safe. She said "Ben will get a burst of verbalization's and yell, 'Daddyyyyyyyy, Simon is coming!'" We got lucky, and he didn't spill the beans.
But there was some members missing...Joan, Jessi, and Ben!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jessi had a dance recital that went very well. So here is Joan's first response to meeting The Peters family:

Mom (Gretchen) meets Mom (Joan)








Simon meets Ben's mom, Joan
























Meanwhile, there was a bit of art selling going on, we didn't want to get in the way there so we set up post in the living area. We were visited by Vicki (one of Ben's past full-time nurses) and her daughter Hailey.






Vicki and I had a lot of questions about Simon, and obvious similarities between Ben and Simon. Gretchen is very helpful, calm, pretty, and knowledgeable. Check out the PKSKids website.

Do we look alike????





Now to put almost the whole family together. We are missing two teenage Peters children...Shame on you two for not wanting to visit our wonderful state!!! ;^)



Simon says, "Maddy where is my kiss?"



3 comments:

Lissa Lane said...

Oh Lisa!!! This is womderful!!! it looks like a wonderful time! And you just KNOW Ben and Simon were communicating in ways we can't even fatham!! I know they had a blast!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I know little Ben must have loved this.

Gretchen said...

Great blogging, Lisa and 1,000,000,000,000,000 thank you's for helping us arrange this and for keeping it a juicy secret!

I LOVE that picture of Bennie.

Hope to see you again real soon!

Gretchen
www.simonpeters.org