Friday, December 5, 2008

Insurance bites!

My insurance is being a pain in the butt! They aren't reimbursing me for $180 worth of progesterone suppositories that kept my little baby alive for 6 weeks, but they supposedly cover prenatal care 100%!?!?

They also told me today that they won't cover my prescription strength Folic Acid4mg/Vitamin B6B12. They say that since it is available over the counter at 400mcg I could just take 10 of those every day for the rest of my life! But, I also need to have massive doses of Vitamins B6 and B12. So... on top of the 10 folic acid pills, I will be taking another 10-15 vitamin B pills for the rest of my life! The very helpful HR lady said that they might cover it if my doctor will write out a letter of justification, "a strong one" she said. I really hope that works because the prescription would be at most $20/month, while the OTC price would be closer to $50/month. And taking 20-30 pills most of the month and also 2 shots/day for an entire pregnancy just plain out sucks!

Even though my probs suck a little, there are other people out there that are also having sucky times. Please check out KayTar's blog and Jennelle's Journey and continue to pray for the healing of Ben.

No comments: